I am sorry that the picture is sideways, I can't get it to turn. :) I got this recipe from my new book The Big Book of Cupcakes by Betty Crocker. I am in love with this book, it has everything I could possibly think of!! These cupcakes also make up for my messed up Valentine's Day cupcakes.
I made this cupcake homemade for the first time. I was so proud when they came out nice. Of course, they didn't come perfect. the tops were not smooth, I don't know why... But if they tasted devine then that's okay!
As you can see the tops are cracked. Thats okay though! Here is the recipes for the frosting and cupcakes!
2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup hot water
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350*. Place baking cups in cupcake pan.
2. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; set aside. In small bowl, mix hot water and cocoa until dissolved; set aside.
3. In large bowl beat shortening with mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping bowl every once in a while. Beat 2 minutes longer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Beat in vanilla. On low speed add flour mixture( a little at a time). Then add cocoa mixture slowly, beat a little while longer so it is well blended.
4. Divide the batter into the pan, fill each about 2/3 full.
5. Put in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean. Frost with desire! ( I used #21)
1 cup white chocolate baking chips
1 container of ready to spread vanilla frosting
1. In a microwavable bowl put in the chips. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until well melted. Then mix into your frosting. (You may have to microwave the mixture for 20 seconds, also make sure it doesn't get hard before you are finished so frost immediately!)