Today we had a baby shower for two ladies in our church. Both having boys. I have been wanting to make these cupcakes for a while so I decided to make them for the shower. Mint Oreo Frosting with Chocolate Cupcakes! YUM! And indeed they were.
For the frosting I just bought cream cheese in a tub then oreo's, I crushed them and mixed with the frosting. I couldn't find a recipe for oreo frosting so i had to experiment, it turned out great! I probably could have crushed them more but I think it was fine.
For the cupcakes I used a homemade recipe that I have posted before. These cupcakes pretty easy, you just have to pay attention. And they taste great!
2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup hot water
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350*. Place baking cups in cupcake pan.
2. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; set aside. In small bowl, mix hot water and cocoa until dissolved; set aside.
3. In large bowl beat shortening with mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping bowl every once in a while. Beat 2 minutes longer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Beat in vanilla. On low speed add flour mixture( a little at a time). Then add cocoa mixture slowly, beat a little while longer so it is well blended.
4. Divide the batter into the pan, fill each about 2/3 full.
5. Put in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
2 tubs of cream cheese frosting
1 box of oreo's(I used mint)
1. Crush Oreo's and mix into icing.
2. Ice cupcakes as intended.